Monday, June 7, 2010

A Farm Chicks Weekend Getaway

Well, I'm back from a fabulous weekend getaway....I am filled to the brim with excitement about sharing this super fun getaway with all of you blog buddies. Today I'm going to give you a little glimpse of what I've been up to the last few days...


Here is my mother ( Jan ), friend Kim ( and also our floor manager at Grandiflora ), and my sister La Von all waiting patiently in this line:

....that went on for what seemed like forever!

There were thousands of people waiting to get in to see The Farm Chicks show! If we hadn't missed the turn due to poor signage....we would've been way up there....but alas....it was not meant to be :(

It didn't take long and we made it to the front of the line and bought our tickets to get in $7.00 for one day $10.00 for 2. We figured one day would be enough for us....but we were WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Once we made our way through the gates....there was no turning back. Money was spent, fingers were numb from the weight of our treasures, and tummies were grumbling from the total neglect of self for fear of loss. We had come to SHOP.....and SHOP we DID!!!

But, before I show you all the treasures....I need to set the mood for you...Serena and her crew really know how to put you in the junkin' mood....

 
There were fun random displays and works of funky junky art all over the place! How fun!

Most everyone was soooooo sweet! We got our toes run over by a few strollers with cryin' kids....and frustrated mothers...but for the most part we were rubbin' elbows with a bunch of like minded ladies out for a fun day. It got REALLY crowded for a while there...but folks were still pretty polite. We had SOOOOO much fun just people watching...the outfits were from frumpy to adorable. Cowboy boots, swishy mini skirts, and ruffly flower pins were the top accessories!

Well, like I said....we went back for day number two once we realized how cool it really was. We'd been to the Farm Chicks show about 4 or 5 years ago back when it was out in the toolies and wasn't near as well known. Let me say this....it sure isn't as country charming as it was out in the fields of Eastern Washington....but the selection and vendor growth has far than made up for it!!! We thought the show rocked!!!  I'll be back soon with more pictures from the show, as I have so much more to tell you about. Until then...mark your calendars for next years show as you will not want to miss it!!!

Cheers!
Trish :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)