Friday, April 1, 2011

About a Year Ago....

About one year ago, I decided to redo some things in my living room. I have always loved the idea of having a flat screen tv...until we actually got one. What in the world do you put on the wall behind, next to, or by it??? Hey, I'm a fully certified interior designer....but not even I know what to do with things like this!

So, We tried the ultra modern approach of going stark....which was cool....but exactly that....COLD. Ick. I then came up with a wonderful idea. A Swatch wall. Yep. A swatch wall.

I had been collecting embroidery hoops for awhile, and vintage fabric too. After some time, hot glue, and a little fun with a hammer and nails...and....voila! The "Who Cares What's on TV" wall!!!! :)

To date, this photo still remains my most populare photo over on Flickr, with over 3,000 views, 145 faves, and more than 20 comments! It also circulates randomly over on Pinterest and many a Tumblr sites.

You know what this means to me? I'm not the only one who wondered what to do with the new TV wall! I hope this inspires you to step outside the box and color outside the lines....

Don't forget to see my previous post about winning the new book "Romantic Style" by Selina Lake....you have until Sunday!
Cheers,
Trish :)
x

4 comments:

  1. oh, i love the embroidery hoops!
    we've had ours in a giant t.v armoire so it works out for us but i hear ya'-if it weren't for the armoire....
    have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am trying to think of something fun to put on the wall in our art studio. Maybe I could do something like this! Thanks for reposting this because I had not seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this display the first time I saw it last summer. Those are my colors! I too think you might as well go ahead and incorporate the tv into the decor. I'm fine with a tv looking like a tv. And those lamps! Those are so great. There is one similar to this in a local lamp repair shop here that I've wanted for a long time. They want $300 for it...which is why I haven't bought it and why its been sitting there for three years. But I can't stop thinking about it. The owner of the store said he'd cut me a deal but it's not his lamp to sell...drat....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nita, Oh my goodness!!! $300.00??? Woah. Well, I did buy these about 15 years ago...but I only paid $50.00 each. However....they've been many colors and had a couple of different sets of shades which adds up I guess. I was told when I bought them that they were French 1920's. I'm not sure about that....it sounds romantic though right? :D Glad you like the T.V. out too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)