Sometimes it's the little things in decorating that bring me the greatest joy.
I was putzing around the house re-doing some things for a photo shoot the other day.
I came accross this piece of furniture and thought...hmmm...wouldn't this be super cute with
I really wanted to get these knobs found on Etsy from:
who sells fabulous stuff.
( I highly recommend heading over to see the selection there!)
I had just recently bought knobs in oil rubbed bronze from
& frankly I couldn't justify spending more money
when I knew I could redo the existing knobs myself.
I figured out a little trick to spray paint these knobs the easy way.
This is not rocket science people....
but I thought you might enjoy a little E-Z tip on how to paint your knobs without having them roll around and get icky.
( This would work with regular paint, as well as spray paint.)
1. Remove & clean knobs.
2. Find a piece of cardboard big enough to hold all the knobs with about 6" in between each.
3. Screw the knobs onto the cardboard like you would a cabinet door & place on plastic sheet in a well ventilated area.
4. Apply spray primer (if needed) & then eventually apply various coats of spray paint until fully covered and dry.
5. Once fully cured, remove from cardboard and apply to cupboard doors.
6. Voila! Enjoy your new pop of color!
like I said before,
sometimes it's the little things that we do around our homes to make it extra special.
For me, this was a free fix up as I already had the knobs and some leftover spray paint from my vintage lamp redo.
I love it when I can do something fun for free don't you???
Here's to cheap thrills for the home.
I still keep thinking of a piece I might want to buy those pretty blue glass knobs for.
I have a dresser just waiting to be beautifully restored just sitting in my basement full of goodies....
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far?
I'd love to hear about it...or if you have any other great tips for easy-peasy redo's and you want to share....leave a comment here.
I always love to hear from you!