Friday, May 17, 2013

Leftover Pizza For Brunch? Who Knew?

 

 Hello + Hello!
Ok,
so really..........
admit it;
YOU HAVE ORDERED TOO MUCH PIZZA FOR A PARTY BEFORE...
RIGHT?
Well,
if you have, or if you ever do...
here's my solution:
LEFTOVER PIZZA FRITTATA!
What's a Frittata some of you may ask?
Well, it's basically the
Italian version of the French Omelette.
A frittata however is open faced & often contains
ingredients "in" the egg instead of just "on" the egg.
>>>>>--------------->
I'm hoping to post pictures of my son's 7th Birthday Party
we hosted for his little buddies soon....
but...
the reason why I'm stopping by with this mini-recipe is that
I ordered WAY too much pizza for his party
&
rather than throw it out
I made a
frittata instead!
(Frankly, I like the frittata better than the original pizza anyway!)
Want to try your hand at this wonderful
Saturday/Sunday brunch staple in the Brink home?
Okie Dokie...
here we go!
 
>>>>>--------------->
Leftover Pizza Frittata
 
Crack 3-5 eggs into a medium bowl and mix in a few tablespoons of milk
(just like prepping scrambled eggs).
Pour egg mixture into a large warm non-stick frying pan.
Add any chopped veggies or toppings you'd like to be submersed in the egg.
Then add chopped leftover pizza pieces.
Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Cook over low-medium heat until cooked through & cheese is melted.
(I cover my pan with a lid to help melt the cheese. If you have an iron skillet,
you could toss it in the oven for a bit instead.)
Top with remaining ingredients that you'd prefer to stay raw.
 
Serve in pie shaped pieces immediately.
Enjoy!
 
>>>>>--------------->
 
This recipe is a hit with my sons.
Truth be told...
if they had their choice, they'd just eat the leftover pizza straight out of the box cold!
However...
 this recipe satisfies both my hubby's and my craving for omelettes
&
nourishes little growing bodies that need the
protein from our chickens' fresh eggs.
Win + Win!
Hope you can enjoy this simple semi-homemade recipe soon!
 
Be back soon with Elliot's party photos.....
T.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)