Friday, April 18, 2014

Humble Beginnings; Eggstravagant Easter Eats




 Hello + Hello!
How are you doing? 
I'm doing pretty well myself, other than the fact that my laptop is experiencing major technical difficulties.  
Boo!!!!!!
So, today I'm posting from my good old iPhone. I'm sure the format of this post won't be the same as normal, 
but please bear with me ok?

I wanted to encourage those of you who might be uninspired to celebrate Easter this year due to financial woes, tough times or just plain busy-ness. I've got a simple little recipe that's sure to knock your socks off & not even come close to breaking either your time or financial budget this weekend.
I'm a really big fan of fresh eggs from our chickens. They are really laying good right now too (bonus!) so I decided a simple but sophisticated recipe was in order. Sometimes fresh eggs don't peel very well when boiled... so although I love Deviled Eggs... they don't really turn out so pretty for Easter brunch. Thus the following recipe:

Egg Salad on Toast Points with Dill & Fresh Cracked Pepper

If you don't have chickens, no worries...simply grab a dozen eggs at the market for a few dollars & get started. 

You'll need:
1 dozen hard boiled eggs finely chopped
1 dollop mayo ( about 1cup )
1-2 T. yellow mustard
1 tsp. dried dill
Mix ingredients together to taste, adding more or less mayo or mustard. Set aside.


Next, toast your bread until medium brown. Trim off edges & cut diagonally into triangles.


Then spread egg mixture onto toast points. 


Last, sprinkle your toast points with:
1 green onion chopped fine
more dried dill
fresh cracked, or regular black pepper 
salt to taste
Eat within 1 hour or toast will become soggy.


Don't forget to add garnishes such as grape tomatoes, cucumber slices or mini carrots. Serve with tea or coffee & Easter candy. 

Relax & enjoy your day... because after all

HE LIVES!!

XX 
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)