Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love One Another

Well, hello everyone and Happy Valentines Day! I hope you are all feeling very loved and appreciated today! I know that the world around us seems to demand that we give and receive luxurious gifts like diamond tennis bracelets, scads of roses, and at the very least decadent chocolates. However, I don't think that that is what St. Valentine had in mind for his day of days. I'm not Catholic, nor will I even pretend to know what spurred Valentines Day on in the first place. I will however interpret to you what I think it SHOULD mean.
I think Valentines Day should be a day to let those you love know how much you appreciate them. I think this is done best through basic words. You could pen a poem, send a meaningful card, give a long distance call, exchange some good time together over coffee or tea....any way you put it....it's all about spending time with or on someone you love. Love is a choice folks. It is not something you "Fall" into. Love means waking up every morning and DECIDING to love your spouse....even though sometimes they drive you nuts. And love is ever giving even when the receiver doesn't seem to "deserve" it. I think love is work. Truth be told most of what our world deems as "LOVE" is not even close. The only love that is real is full of difficulties, sweat, and tears....that being said....it is the only love worth having.

I pray that there will be real, true love in your home today. Even when the florist doesn't stop by with a dozen long stemmed roses, the only tennis bracelet your hubby could afford is a broken racket, and the only decadent chocolate is one stolen outta your kid's leftover Halloween candy bag......I wish you love. The kind that does not care about worldly things.

The kind that never quits.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)