Friday, April 9, 2010

Movie Night Library...Finding Neverland

Finding Neverland is one of my all time favorite movies...Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet deliver some of their greatest performances in this small budget old fashioned film. Set in turn of the last century London, England; this film is about a man named Mr. Barrie. He is a man trapped in a loveless relationship and failing career. As his life seems to be spiraling downward, he meets a gaggle of rambunctious boys and their widowed mother. That is where the story really begins!
Sometimes we all need a little help with igniting our passions....Mr. Barrie needed a little help in the imagination department. Hanging out with a group of adventursome boys and their encouraging mother, Mr. Barrie finds his muse...his Peter Pan.
If you haven't seen this movie, you are truly cheating yourself of a good time. I laughed, I cried, I found myself crying some more while I laughed!!! :) Please find the time to see this beautiful film...I promise you will never look at Peter Pan the same way again! This movie can be watched by children...but adults will get the most out of it, as we find out why Peter Pan is SO important to every aging adult...why it would be so much easier to stay young forever in Neverland.
Some of my favorite scenes: Where Mr. Barrie walks into his bedroom and it's totally animated! ( I am a bit like that sometimes!  Yikes! ) Also, when the oldest boy ( George ) vanishes as a boy in the theatre right in front of Mr. Barrie's eyes....how poignant! Oh, I could go on and on....but I won't. You'll have to head out and rent it for yourself. You will thank me for it....I promise!

BONUS QUESTION:
Why am I showing photos of stamps with this movie??? Do you remember the stamp part??? Hmmmmm....I'll be waiting for your reply! ;o)
Trish

2 comments:

  1. I actually DID see this movie - but I'm drawing a blank on the stamps! We went and saw The Last Song this weekend - actually an awesome movie! Bring kleenex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah-hoo Jannie-Poo! Last Song sounds very interesting to me...I'll have to check out!

    As far as the stamps are concerned: Remember the scene in the country cottage? They are forced to wait while the doctor does his work? Well picture one grown man and 4 little boys with freshly licked stamps, coins, and a ceiling...ringing a bell yet? When that scene comes where the stamp silently falls to the floor...well....let me just say...it is symbolic of the descending situation that is coming for them. I love that simple scene...so much said in such a little flutter of a falling stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)