Thursday, September 22, 2011

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars...Mmmmmm.....

O.K. so I'm not a professional food stylist/photographer...but these taste so good you'll forgive me straight away!
I promised I would...so here it is after much dilly dallying over my pinches and smidgens.
I bake and cook by semi-measuring...so I've figured it out (pretty well) for you!
:)
Often I create my own recipes from 2 or 3 recipes depending on what I have on hand.
and if you remember correctly this is what I had on hand:
Gravensteins!
So without further ado...
Here's the skinny...er....uh...fatty?
On the final recipe:


Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars:
Preheat oven to 350*
Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Crust:
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup butter melted
Mix together and pat firmly down into the greased 9x13 dish.


Apple Filling Layer:
1 & 1/2 cups chunky applesauce (preferably homeade, as it's not as runny)
2 medium thinly sliced apples
Spread applesauce over crust and layer sliced apples over the sauce.

Cheesecake:


2 pkg 8oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
Mix together until smooth and spread evenly over apple layer.

Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes, or until center is set. Cool, & store in fridge until serving time. Just before serving spread caramel topping from a jar over the top to your liking. Enjoy! :)


Just as a side note, I used caramel from a tub that you would dip apples in, and it was really good!
Everyone raved about this dessert at our family gathering. I will warn you however...it is VERY rich and you don't need much.
My 9x13 served about 10 people, and I still had about a third of the pan left
(which sadly, I've been pecking away at all week!)
The good news is that it keeps in the fridge really well for a long time!
:)
Always look on the bright side right?
Hope you enjoy this recipe... it was shared just for you!
Cheerio!
Trish
:D





1 comment:

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)