Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wallpaper....Who Knew?!

So,
just for the record....I want you to know....I never knew I would be dealing in....
WALLPAPER.
I mean,
who ever thinks that they'll do that right???
Yeah...ok,
I did attend school to become an Interior Designer where I had to handle all sorts of decorating materials...some of which were wallpaper.
However,
I never dreamed I'd be sourcing funky vintage wallpaper!
& yeah,
this is some seriously funky stuff!
( Insert my mother's laugh of disbelief here.)
My mother figured she survived this era once....and frankly doesn't need to go there again.
;)
But I for one, think it's kinda fun!
I remember my sisters having some pretty crazy pink walls which were something akin to this:
paired with pink shag carpeting....it was groovy!
I didn't have wallpaper in my first bedroom
:(
Maybe that's why I crave it so much???
I am leaning in the direction of using some of this:
for my living room cabinet fronts.
I have sold an absolute ton of this:
which leads me to believe I'll sell a fair share of this;
since the colors are so similar.
Well,
so far I've sold wallpaper from the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's.....but I'm really going to risk it with this one from the 80's:
We'll see how it all turns out....
until next time you can find the wallpapers on Etsy.com at either one of my shops.
(for the brighter patterns)
&
(for the subdued colors)
I am always on the lookout for more great wallpaper paterns....who knows what I might turn up next?!
What about you?
How (if at all) are you using vintage wallpapers?
I'd love to hear about it!
;)
T.
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)