Thursday, April 1, 2010

Movie Night....NO..... Matinee, Library!

For those of you who avidly read my blundering blog, you know that I (try to) feature one of my favorite movies every week in the form of Movie Night Library. I decided to go down a different  road this week. While still being true to the movie theme...I decided to feature what YOU THINK is a kids' movie....but which is ACTUALLY a hilarious adult movie in disguise! I believe you can watch this with any kid over the age of about 3 or 4....but you will get the most joy out of watching it with any fellow parent...preferably your spouse!
Starring Emma Thompson (LOVE) and Colin Firth (LOVE) you will be instantly charmed by the story line which is actually a bit like Mary Poppins....but without all the singing, and for modern day amusement. Here goes the description:

In this wickedly charming tale, EMMA THOMPSON portrays a mysterious woman with special powers who enters the household of the recently widowed Mr. Brown (COLIN FIRTH) and attempts to tame his seven very naughty children. The children have mangaged to drive away 17 previous nannies, but as Nanny Mc Phee takes control they begin to notice that their misbehaving has magical and startling consequences. -Universal Studios Home Entertainment
What I like the most is the absolutely wild use of color in the movie! The displays and design of every square inch of the movie have been meticulously arranged to perfection! Sure the story line is superb, the acting sublime, but the decor...well....the decor....can I just say "SHAZAM!!!!!"
 
Honestly, I laughed and I cried during this movie...I've seen it more than 10 times....and I love it so very much! The bit with the kids sick in bed is worth watching a bare minimum at LEAST twice! The performances of all the supporting actors and actresses is mind boggling. I don't know how to describe the feeling I get when I watch this film....but as best as can be said is this : "ALIVE and WHIMSICALLY CHEERED!"  If you need a little pick-me-up this weekend, get your laundry done early...and quit working out in the yard sooner than normal...sit down with a fun array of childhood treats...and watch a matinee! I guarantee you will want to watch this one twice!
Cheers!
Trish :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)