Sunday, January 31, 2010

Resolutions

Well, I thought I'd share a few of my New Year's resolutions that have actually come to fruition! For one, I wanted to find a White Coffee Maker since our old black one died recently. I am so thrilled with my new KitchenAid 14 cup coffee maker!!! I can't say enough about how great it works....and looks on my counter top. Another thing you see there is a frother I picked up at Ikea for a couple of bucks....so totally worth it! Coffee is a must have and do here in the dreary winter rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest; why do you think Starbucks does so well?!?!?
I also vowed to light candles more often on my window sill and throughout my kitchen while I was doing mundane chores like washing dishes, making dinner, and paying bills. These candles happened to migrate down onto some sweet vintage doilies I found recently for about .50 each at a junk store. Pretty huh? Looks a bit like a snow storm in pastel!

This is one of my favorite poem/prayers. I found an old dish towel at a junk store with this saying printed on it. The towel had seen it's hey day in the late 70's and was less than pretty. SO, I took a photo of it with my phone and copied it down and hung it where I could read it often.  
The other wonderful thing I accomplished was to get my paperwork piles up off of my island and vertically up onto my walls. These wall mount tin letter/file/magazine holders are awesome! We sell them at Grandiflora Home and Garden (see link to the right) and they also come in black. I can't tell you how great it is to not have papers floating around everywhere. I am by nature a piler, and generally know where everything is at.....the problem was that I didn't have enough room for all the piles to sit. Not to mention that when a small child decided to play Monster Truck Rally on my countertops....well....need I say more? SO, I hope I've inspired you to get going on that pile, resolution, or to light up....a candle that is. Often for me, it's just the little things that make the difference in my home. I have a feeling that if I can just keep going on these tasks, then I might actually be organized by Spring; then I'll need to start out in my Garden shed! Happy resolution completing! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)