Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunday's Etsy Finds Decor=Me!

Oh, I know I've been a little more than busy this past week getting things ready for fun things like Valentine's Day, and work things like market buying follow-up, but what I've been doing most is....finalizing all that needs to happen when you get to be a part of Etsy's Blog! :o)


I don't have to tell you how excited I am and honored to be able to show off some of the things I've been working on here at our humble home for the past 10 years. This is more than a dream come true for me!!! I started taking photos about a year and a half ago for my Etsy shops. Needless to say, I was clueless when it came to taking pictures! I think I had a good idea as to styling....that has never been a problem for me, as it just seems to come natural for me. ( I'm not bragging....believe me, there are many other things that I fail at daily!!!!) But, when it came to taking pictures and getting the right lighting, exposure, etc.... I was totally clueless! It took me a long time, but I practiced and practiced until I figured out my camera and utilizing computer based photo editing. Now I'm addicted!!!!  I LOVE taking photos, and sharing them with others on Flickr. That got me to where I am today.


I have to give a ton of thanks to all the bloggers out there who were nice enough to feature my photos which in turn connected me to many others, namely Christine from Etsy.com. Christine is a sweetheart, and really down to earth and super great to work with. She was more than understanding about my schedule complications, and just generally wonderful. I'm really excited to see what she comes up with! She is very talented at writing, hunting out great Etsy finds, and promoting others. Thanks Christine!!! You ROCK!


So, All this being said; I may be taking it easy for a few days to revel in my little 15 minutes of fame. If I never get featured again, it will just be nice to know that some of the most creative folks on the internet picked my photos, of my home, which I've bled for....sweated for....self sacrificed for....and designed all by my lonesome. I am happy. No lie....I'm on a decorative cloud nine....and I love it. I think I may have to pop a bottle of champagne on Sunday just to make it official. Thanks for listening to me blabber on....you guys are great! Just know that I've written this post more to pinch myself than to tell you....so sorry if this has come off as bragging....it is not meant to....in fact, I hope it's more of an inspiration to you to keep trying for what you want your dream to be. This is part of my dream....and it's better than I could've ever hoped for.

I'm not done dreaming yet....so stay tuned! I'm really excited for all that is yet to come, Lord willing. Thank-you my Jesus who loves me for helping me through all the muck and mire that has come my way. Help me to use all my gifts to glorify You. I am nothing without You, and I pray that You can use "even this" to Your glory! Amen? Amen!!! :o)


Blessings to all of you, and have a great weekend! Want to check it out for yourself? go to http://www.etsy.com/ and click on the Blog button. My home will be staring back at you on Sunday February 21st. ( Etsy Finds Decor ) I hope you like it!!! Give me a shout out either there on the blog....or here on mine after you see it. Let me know what you think, ok? Thanks you lovely blogger buddies! Cheers! Trish :o)

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the ones who wrote about you on their/my blog. I dont think she found you through me though, I wouldnt go that far. I loved your entry with the blue highlights the most. If you are wondering.
    I have been checking in on your progress with the house every now and then. I had to follow regularly after your post about the furniture on the front porch. Priceless. The stuff on my porch is what I cant be bothered bringing inside yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet!!! Once all this hub-bub calms down a bit I hope to start getting out there and perusing blogs again....yours will be first on the list!
    The porch thing is crazy isn't it? I don't have a garage...so the porch seems to be the catchall at times. My basement is filled with my hubby's stuff, kids stuff, and enormous amounts of Christmas decor! SO, the porch is my little decorating que!
    Thanks again for all your support. I appreciate feedback more than you know!!!
    Cheers,
    Trish :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)