Monday, June 14, 2010

Super EZ : BBQ Chicken Bacon Cheddar Wrap

Hi all! I was super busy last week with all the end of the year school activities and that is not stopping until tomorrow! I have to go to my son's Field Day at school today to help out, and tomorrow is his last day of Kindergarten! Wow! That went too fast!!!

Well since I was so busy I had to come up with some quick-ie meals on a few of those nights. I thought you'd like to know about one of them as my family devoured it and asked for more this week. The best part??  It is super e-z and fairly inexpensive! Can't beat that right? SO, without further adue....here is the amazing BBQ Chicken Bacon Cheddar Wrap!
First start with some tortillas....your choice any kind. However if taste is an issue...go with the basic flour. For pliable tortillas it is best to heat them up a little so they don't break or split when you wrap them. An easy way to do this is to lay some tortillas between two moistened papertowels and slip into the microwave for about a minute.
Pick your favorite BBQ sauce and slather some on your tortilla. Add some thinly sliced onions, and layer over with some sliced or shredded cheddar cheese.
Fry up some bacon and drain off fat (leave just a touch of it for flavor on chicken).
Fry ( or you could use leftovers/bbq) some chicken. I happen to always stock these chicken tenders in my feezer since they are so easy to work with. Lay a piece of chicken on top of your cheddar and then a piece of bacon. Fold up your tortilla and voila! You've made your wrap!
You can add tomatoes, and lettuce if you wish as they taste great as well. Otherwise a side salad with some healthy style tortilla chips does the job too!
My family just loves this! My husband will eat about 3 of these!!! He is as skinny as a rail....don't you just hate that??? Oh well, one is enough for me as long as I have a little side like the salad and chips. Each of my boys can barely eat one...but they really like them.

I hope you have a great week tying up all your loose ends before summer starts. I also hope you can enjoy using this recipe throughout the summer as it's so easy and refreshing on those hot days. If you're like me, you are always looking for that "new" and "EZ" recipe that will save the day; the best part is that you probably already have everything you need in the house to make these! Yippee!

I'll be back soon with more design adventures!
Cheers!
Trish :o)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Trish :-) Delicious wrap!!!! I am so with you about those chicken tenders....always helps to have them in stock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh, looks and sounds yummo! Hey, could you send me that label{off the flour T. bag}!?!? :) Happy happies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce...I'm so sorry, we already chucked it. I will keep you in mind however if I get to Trader Joe's anytime soon!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a delicious recipe!! Thanks for sharing. I like your photography...your pictures seem to have a pinkish angelic glow to them. How do you do that?
    I think our kids go to the same school. If I see you, I will introduce myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melanie! :)

    Yes, please do introduce yourself, I'd love to meet you. As far as the photos go, it's a combination of many things. First, I really know my camera and the settings for lighting/color. I also sometimes warmify things on my computer once downloaded. I'm kinda picky with how my photos turn out...and have been known to spend hours working on them! Yikes....bad use of time??? Not sure...but I enjoy it. I must admit it has literally taken me years to figure all of that computerized stuff out! I am actually working on getting my "art" photos printed up for resale. Way too many things on my plate right now...but it's really fun....just messy.

    So happy to have you here visiting. Hope to see you "in person" soon!

    :o)
    Cheers,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)