Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gettin' Cozy for My Birthday Week

Well, are you there yet?
Has the weather turned to chill at night?
Is there a tiny nip in the air?
It is slowly turning to Fall here in the Pacific Northwest, and with fall comes:
Birthdays!
My sister La Von had a birthday last week, my other sister Carrie is having a birthday this week,
&
believe it or not,
it will also be MY birthday this week too!
Let's put it this way:
Our parents were consistant!
We think they loved Christmas and New Years a WHOLE BUNCH!
;)
Anyway, when you have two sisters who's birthdays are just before yours...
&
they are both incredibly talented in the way of artistic endeavors...
it makes for a really difficult gift giving event!
So,
we've sort of given way to coming up with trifles....tidbits of sorts...finding goodies that eachother will appreciate.
We take the money we would normally spend on eachother, and just go away together for the day or weekend with our mother, and spend it on ourselves instead.
It's so much fun to see what the other sister may find for themselves.
We have had so much fun over the years on our outings....I wonder where we'll be going this year?
Well,
wherever we end up we will have to go thrifting!
The best birthday goodies, are those which are thrifted or handcrafted.
Can you believe that the beautiful lap afghan above was found at a thrift shop?
It's like brand new!!!
I new immediately it had to be for Carrie, as it's totally her color.
I added the
"Get Cozy"
sign for something fun.
I'll add some yummy scented candles from our shop
and add it all to a lovely antique woven wood picnic basket.
So cute!
I've was at it all day yesterday, trying to figure out how to wrap the items. Presentation is just as important as the gift you know!!!
Well,
so much to do...so little time.
Off to put the caramel drizzle on a new dessert I've concocted:
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars!
Hopefully it will be a hit at the Family Birthday Party at the Stremlers!
I'll post the recipe if it is as decadent as I hope it to be...
Cheerio,
Trish
xx
:)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Early Birthday! I think that sounds like a perfect way to spend a birthday all together, shopping. I agree too....it's all about the presentation. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! love the blanket-the colors are perfect :)
    have a super day on your outing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)