Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why do I do this to myself?

As you all know, I love to do the blog thing....but sometimes there is just not enough time in the day/week/month to even think about posting. I am setting a new goal for myself: Post at least once a month, maybe twice. Seriously....my hands are full people. I feel like I have been through the ringer this year, and since I'm getting sick with a bad cold (again) I'm having a little pity party for myself. I keep trying to remember that children grow up so quickly, and that you only get this chance once in your life to be a mommy....but the bills are screaming "Pay me!!!" and the store is saying " Display me for Christmas!!! Or there will be no money to pay the bills!!!" my poor husband keeps making me lattes and saying it will all turn out ok. I have a little boy (Elliot-3) who's getting into mischief in the cutest ways possible: " Wook mommy, I made a woop-de-woop track on the laundry piles!" Also one (Tristan-5) who's having a 6 year old style Pirate Birthday party soon "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!! Shiver me timbers, I want a Skateboard fer me Birthday, oh yeah and a Lava Lamp!!!" I've also got 3 etsy shops begging for attention...when will I ever have the time to list my new items....or design new things for that matter. My house is an enormously large pit at the moment. I worked 6 days this past week. I did get to go to an incredibly fun 80's costume party though....and it really rocked!!! I sometimes just need to get this all out and feel a bit better after I've read it all and realize that no one died, or is terminally ill, or missing and found in some freaks backyard compound after 18 years. I just get a bit whiny at times and need a swift kick in the behind to see that my life isn't really that bad afterall....and most every problem I seem to have is because I have so much wonderful excess in my life of too much stuff, too many options, and too many jobs. I could be penniless, stranded, and no hope of finding a job. So what is my problem??? Too much inward thinking, and not enough getting up and doing for others. I think I'll get off this silly little soapbox now and go kiss my kids...I'd kiss my hubby too, but he's fishing alone....hmmm I wonder why? :o)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have friends to be overwhelmed with!??! :-) Thankfully, my boss is fun, understanding, and......Hmmmmm....what could I put here? Love ya Trishie Poo - we'll get through it! Trust me it's a whole different level of stress when those boys are 21!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from your side of the world (or county) again. Sorry about the cold and the business. Maybe the cold is God's way of slowing you down for a bit.
    You will feel so much better after the open house, everyone always does. I'm sure the store looks wonderful.
    Take a deep breath and then let it out. Chad is right, it will be ok. And don't you just adore a husband who makes you lattes, Gary makes them for me too. ;)
    (((hugs))) to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)