Friday, July 2, 2010

Bursts of Colorful Fireworks Now Available! Happy 4th!!!!

Hey everyone! Good to see you!!! For those of you who are my American counterparts: Happy 4th of July!!!! For those of you who aren't....I hope you are going to enjoy your weekend!!!
I thought I'd share some new creations that I've brought in to my shop Grandiflora Home and Garden I used all vintage "feed sack" fabric to cover buttons. Then I made hair ties/scruntchies and a lovely bracelet.  Feed sack you ask?? Yes, back in the 20's & 30's folks received their flour, sugar, chicken feed etc... in feed sacks. The fabric was prized by thrifty houskeepers who made the sacks into lovely quilts, clothespin keepers, and even clothing. Hmmmm....is it possible that we might be going back into this direction as green living continues to grow in popularity? It sounds good to me....as long as the fabric is as fun as this!!! :o)

Well, I don't know about you....but I've got lots going on this weekend. I've baked 4 dozen delicious cookies, made a pile of homeade potato salad, and geared up with all my picknicking supplies! Yikes!!! I've got a ton more to do in order to get ready for the 4th.
 
What a wonderful country we live in....our forefathers sacrificed so much for us, and I'm constantly humbled and reminded at how we take it for granted. Yesterday I was following a very nice truck with an older fellow driving. As I became a bit frustrated with how slow he was driving, I noticed his licence plate it said " Purple Heart : Combat Wounded". I pulled my foot off the accelerator, made a sigh of disgust with myself, and prayed a little prayer mixed with remorse and thankfulness. Lord, we are thankful for all that you have given us; heal our country, and forgive us for taking freedom for granted.

As I leave you for the weekend, my hope for you is that you can celebrate in safety, look around and thank Him for all the gifts He has given us, and join me in wondering what we aren't doing to help others less fortunate than ourselves......Yet. :)
Happy 4th....with a BIG cherry on top!
CHEERS to YOU & the RED, WHITE, and BLUE!
Trish :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Hello
I can't wait to hear from you!!!
:)